Friday, May 11, 2012

Too Faced Absolutely Invisible Candlelight Powder

This is another post that has been done for a while that I forgot to publish. Seems to be a theme lately. I honestly thought this had already been posted. Anyways! Here today I have for you a quick review of Too Faced Absolutely Invisible Candlelight powder.


Front

Back

open - comes with a sponge applicator

open

closeup

Swatches
swatched over bare skin - no primer

Top - swatched heavily
Bottom - blended out



Sooooo, now is the time to tell you an embarrassing story. I very much had no idea what this product was supposed to be used for. I thought it was like good for under eye circle or something, Truth, if you paid attention you will see I had indeed used it twice for this use. (here and here) And then I thought maybe it was a finishing/setting powder. Thank goodness I never tested out that theory. I decided I would use it as a highlighter. -GENIUS- So this my friends is not any of the things I ever thought it was. This just goes to show, if you don't know much about makeup, you can end up looking crazy if you do the things that I did!

Now as far as a highlighter goes I would say this is quite nice. It would definitely not be a great daytime product for people who do not want to be sparkly, but would work for nighttime (candlelight, get it? I do!) This will totally impart a pretty golden sparkle to the areas you apply it to. Almost as if your face was being illuminated by candlelight. I think this would be great for a night out with the girls, or a nice dinner with your beau.

What do you think of highlighters? I have a slight obsession with Benefit's Watt's Up!
Do you have any embarrassing makeup stories?

2 comments:

  1. I used to have this and I loved it so much, so so much I used it untill it ran out! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Too Faced products. They wear really well.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete