Thursday, May 10, 2012

Tag: Books! Books! Books!

I saw Danielle do this and thought "Yes! I am totally stealing this!"
 
The Rules:
1. Post these rules
2. Post a photo of your favorite book cover
3. Answer the questions below
4. Tag a few people to answer them too
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you've tagged them
6. Make sure you tell the person who tagged you that you've taken part!
I tag everyone!! Let me know if you do it so I can see.

What are you reading right now?
I am currently reading: May Bird Among The Stars by Jodi Lynn Anderson -and- Liberty Defined By Ron Paul


Do you have any idea what you’ll read when you’re done with that?
Probably

What magazines do you have in your bathroom/lounge right now?
Uhh a photo magazine? We don't really have any subscriptions at the moment.

What’s the worst book you've ever read?


Oh the Choices. The last bad book I read was Sabbath's Theater by Philip Roth. I didn't even finish it.

What book seems really popular but you actually hated?
After a while the Harry Potter books. I don't really read series only trilogies or stand alone books. I am sure I would not like Twilight too much either.

What’s the one book you always recommend to just about everyone?
1984 by George Orwell. The October Country By Ray Bradbury. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. And though it is not a "real" book - Stuff of Legends by Mike Raicht. Many others as well....

What are your 3 favorite poems?
 Oh dear, I just don't know.

Where do you usually get your books?
I don't buy new books anymore. Either amazon or thrift stores.

Where do you usually read your books?
In bed mostly. Sometimes outside, in the livingroom, at the breakfast table, in the car on trips.

When you were little, did you have any particular reading habits?
I read always. I used to blast Daft Punk's Discovery while reading!

Have you ever “faked” reading a book?
For school yes.

Have you ever bought a book just because you liked the cover?
Yes. Usually art books though.

What was your favorite book when you were a child?
When I was a child. Anything Dr. Seuss or probably the Mr Men and Little Miss books.

What book changed your life?
Oh dear, this is a tough one. Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller.

What is your favorite passage from a book?
"Your blood is like a river it don‘t never stop till you dead."
-Solly Two Kings from Gem Of The Ocean by August Wilson

What are your top five favorite authors?
Ray Bradbury
John Steinbeck
Lewis Carroll
George Orwell
Edgar Allen Poe

What book has no one heard about but should read?
Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie
I really cannot stop singing praise for May Bird. Seriously go read it!


What 3 books are you an “evangelist” for?
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
May Bird
The October Country

What are your favorite book by a first-time author?
May Bird


What is your favorite classic book?
1984

5 other notable mentions?
Beowulf
Animal Farm by George Orwell

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Travels With Charlie: In Search of America by John Steinbeck
Gingerbread by Rachael Cohn


Have you read any of these books? Love 'em? Hate 'em?
Want to see what I already have? What does my collection need?


1 comment: