Sunday, February 5, 2012

Valentine's Day 5/14 - Smokey Brown Eye Using Kat Von D Evelyn Palette

Today is day five of my Valentine's series. I wanted to do a smokey look using Kat Von D's Evelyn Palette. This palette contains my favorite browns from her line and can create a few nice simple looks. The quality of the shadows is good, and it would be great for a beginner or someone looking for something to throw in their purse that can create an everyday work appropriate look and then be able to add a little to take you from day to night.









What I used

Eyes
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Kat Von D Evelyn Palette
Jane Fan Club Curling Mascara

Lips
Buxom Trixie

Face
Make Up For Ever HD Foundation in 115 Ivory
Benefit Watt's Up!
ELF High Definition Powder
Benefit Hoola
Hard Candy Fox In A Box Smooth Talker

Brushes
BE Full Flawless Face Brush
ELF Complexion Brush
ELF Blush Brush
ELF Angled Foundation Brush
ELF Small Smudge Brush
ELF Contour Brush
ELF Stipple Brush
ELF Small Precision Brush
Sonia Kashuk Blending Brush


What do you think of this look? Do you like doing a neutral brown smokey eye?
Do you wear a stronger lip or more neutral lip with this kind of look?


Missed a day, no problem! Check them our here - 1 2 3 4 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

4 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty look on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so pretty! For me, I prefer smokey eyes in different colours from brown, just because I have brown eyes and am afraid it's just going to look monotonous and boring on me :( So I usually do green and purple smokey looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a purple smokey eye! I used to be afraid of purples and smokey eyes, but as I become more confident with my makeup skills, the more I love both!

      Delete