Thursday, February 23, 2012

bareMinerals READY 8.0 The Cocktail Hour Swatches

I don't know why this took me so long, but I finally have for you swatches of the second limited edition palette bareMinerals released around the holidays. The first one is The Playlist, and now I have for you The Cocktail Hour. This palette comes with eight eyeshadows and a dual-ended brush.

Black Tie Optional - black velvet
Icebreaker - pink pearl
Swanky - dazzling plum
Spiked - copper blush
Elixir - luxe lilac
Invite Only - taupe slate
Libation - sugared cinnamon
Shaken Not Stirred - jeweled navy








Swatches
Over bare skin - no primer


Top - Black Tie Optional, Icebreaker, Swanky, Spiked
Bottom - Elixir, Invite Only, Libation, Shaken Not Stirred



Black Tie Optional is not very dark or black in my opinion. This is probably my least favorite. Icebreaker is a very frosty slightly pink color. Swanky is one of my favorites. It is a deep plum with golden shimmers. Spiked is one of my favorite colors to wear, not necessarily this particular shadow, just pinky coppers in general. Elixir is an ok color. I have a possible dupe in the Too Faced Glamour To Go Palette Dream Edition, and a duo from ELF. (I will try to get a comparison photo up soon) Invite Only is more of a khaki green to me than a taupe. Libation is a nice highlight color.Shaken Not Stirred is my favorite out of these shadows. It is a blackened blue with blue shimmers, GORGEOUS!

I could not stop thinking about picking this up. I loved the colors but thought the other palette would be more wearable, and that was that. Well I was trying to use up my punch/stamp card so I decided to pick this up as well as a face primer. I love the colors in this palette. I think this is also more wearable than I gave it credit.

I do not know if I would recommend this palette necessarily. The colors are nice as is the quality, but there is just something lacking. It is just ok not wow in my opinion.
What do you think of this palette?


No comments:

Post a Comment