Sunday, October 2, 2011

Kat Von D Beethoven Palette Review And Swatches


Today I will be reviewing Kat Von D's Beethoven palette. The design on the front of this palette is the same as Ludwig and also has the two dinky brushes included. I waffled on the purchase of this palette. I saw photos on other blogs and was not sure if I could use these colors, but for the sake of completeness for my collection, I pick it up. I do not regret it one bit. When I recieved this from Sephora in the mail, I knew I would use all of these colors. The colors do not photograph well and they had all seemed rather dark and uninspiring to me. I was wrong! There are some repeats that are also in the Ludwig palette, but the colors that are unique to this palette make up a very interesting array of colors for looks.


 Front

 Back

 Inside


The colors in the palette are:
Lucifer (Matte Charcoal Black)
Speed Blue (Dark Metallic Blue)
Razor Gray (Warm Gun Steel Shimmer)
Tequila (Metallic Cornsilk Shimmer)
Sinner (Metallic Purple Black Shimmer
Rad Purple ( Matte Purple Black with Purple Glitter)
Leather (Deep Chocolate Brown Sheen)
Galeano (Metallic Medium Plum Shimmer)

Lucifer is a dark matte black. Speed Blue is a metallic iridescent royal blue. Razor Gray is an antique tarnished silver. Tequila is a shimmery pearl butter cream color. Sinner is a matte plum. Rad Purple is blackened iridescent plum. Leather is a deep chocolate brown matte. Galeano is a sparkly sugar plum.



L->R Lucifer, Speed Blue, Razor Gray, Tequila, Sinner, Rad Purple, Leather, Galeano

  Lucifer, Speed Blue, Razor Gray, Tequila
  Sinner, Rad Purple, Leather, Galeano


 Swatches


L->R Lucifer, Speed Blue, Razor Gray, Tequila, Sinner, Rad Purple, Leather, Galeano
 Lucifer, Speed Blue, Razor Gray, Tequila
 Sinner, Rad Purple, Leather, Galeano
 All were swatched over bare skin -no primer or base.


My favorite colors in the palette are: Speed Blue, Razor Gray, and Galeano.

I find Lucifer to be somewhat chalky, which is what I find in most mattes that I have tried, even though I have only used a few. Although Leather is a matte as well, maybe with a subtle sheen (as Sephora tries to tell me it is a Deep Chocolate Brown Sheen), it is one of the smoothest in the entire palette. All of the colors have good pay off as you will find in almost every shadow that Kat Von D makes.

You can pick this palette up for $34 at Sephora.

No comments:

Post a Comment