Sunday, January 15, 2012

OCC Lip Tars - Ornamental Orange Box Set Swatches

Sorry I have not been posting lately, I have been quite busy. Today I thought I would share the second to last installment of my OCC lip tar posts.

Cha Cha- creamy, pale tangerine
Divine- bright pink flamengo
Trollop- Pink, Cranberry coral
Reverb- yellow-based fire engine red
Banjee- freshly sliced mango



Top- Cha Cha, Banjee
Bottom- Divine, Trollop, Reverb

Top- Cha Cha, Banjee
Bottom- Divine, Trollop, Reverb

Cha Cha

Banjee

Divine

Trollop

Reverb

Swatches
All done over bare skin - and no lip liner

Top- Cha Cha, Banjee
Bottom- Divine, Trollop, Reverb









I was most interested in Divine and Trollop when I ordered this set. I do not like Cha Cha alone with my skin tone. Banjee is a beautiful orange. I can't seem many people wearing this alone, but I think it could look nice mixed. I like Divine. It is a nice light pink, and works a lot better for me than Narcissus. Trollop is my favorite of these five. It is a somewhat dusty pink and bet a lot of people would be able to wear this color without a problem. I have a love hate relationship with red lip colors. When I was younger I was looking for a perfect red. It is impossible. The goal for me now that I have matured and become even more creative in my search (and have so many reds now) is to find the perfect red for the occasion. Whether it primary, orange toned, or blue based I look for what I am in the mood for and what matches with everything else I am wearing.


What do you think of these colors?
Would you ever wear a color similar to Banjee in a normal look? How would you do it?
Have you ever found the "perfect" red?



If you missed part 1 check it out here! Or take a look at part 2 here! Or ever part 3 here!

OCC Lip Tars are available for $13 on their website.   
 

6 comments:

  1. I love Banjee! If I wear scary oranges, I stick to a warm brown smokey eye, or just a liner flick and lots of mascara. awesome swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea I will have to try that out sometime. Maybe then I can wear it out of the house alone!

      Delete
  2. Two more added to my wishlist - Trollop and Divine. They are so pretty! I don't think I could pull off Banjee.. I don't own any orange lip products because I'm too scared to try them out. My perfect red is a lot of girls perfect red - Ruby Woo from MAC. I used to like darker reds, leaning more burgundy, but now I prefer a super bright red lip instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try Ruby Woo and Russian Red. I have been lusting after them for a while and they just seem perfect. Maybe one day I will break down and pick them up.

      Delete
  3. I watch all your Lip tar swatches and these are my favourites, along with NSFW and Harlot! Cha Cha is such a cute pastel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really love Harlot it is just so pretty!

      Delete