Wednesday, January 25, 2012

OCC Lip Tars - Nearly Neon Box Set

This is the last installment of my OCC lip tar swatches so I figured I would end this series with a *BANG* That's right today you get to see swatches of the Nearly Neon box set. This set comes with five of the brightest lip tars they have and a #009 Angled Brush. (I would like to preface this by saying I am sorry that all of the shots of the bottles are bad, my camera had a problem with the colors so they all look basically the same. I can promise you that the swatches show the colors much better.)


Beta- vividly neon orange
Queen- intense, nearly-neon red/pink
Harlot- vibrant cherry red with a fiery coral undertone
Anime- intense, no holds-barred neon pink
Hoochie- super bright true magenta


Top: Beta, Harlot, Queen
Bottom: Anime, Hoochie

Top: Beta, Queen, Harlot
Bottom: Anime, Hoochie

Beta

Harlot

Queen

Anime

Hoochie



Swatches
All swatched over bare skin - no lip liner

Top: Beta, Queen, Harlot
Bottom: Anime, Hoochie









I wanted to save these for last because they were so bright which of course makes them best! I love every single one of these colors. The only one I don't see me wearing a lot is Beta, but I still love it anyway. Harlot is probably my favorite. Lately I have been really loving cherry reds and corals so to mix them is just amazing! I think anyone could wear this color and look great. Queen is also lovely and I think most people could wear this as long as they like a bright pink lip. I was upset at first that it was so pink, I imagined it would be more red. Once I got over my disappointment I feel in love with the color it actually is. I had the same problem with Anime when I received it. I thought it would be more pink but instead it is more purple. It is pretty for what it is and I can see me wearing this color a lot too. Hoochie is a very pretty, somewhat wearable pinky violet. I  could see wearing this for fun with a neutral eye.


What do you think of these bright colors? Which is your favorite?
Would you wear any of them? How would you wear them?
Did you enjoy a series on on brand/type of product? Would you like to see more of these?


Here are the links to part 1, part 2, part 3 and part 4 if you missed any.



OCC Lip Tars are available for $13 on their website.

6 comments:

  1. I agree, I like Harlot the best. Great swatches. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like the swatches. I wanted to swatch everything as best as I could because there are not enough good swatches of some of these colors.

      Delete
  2. Hoochie and Beta are aweosme :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Queen, Anime and Beta are my favourites :) great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend sent me samples of these 5 colors and I love them! I've only tried Hoochie, Anime, and Queen so far but I love them. I especially loved Queen, it was much more coral/pink on me than I expected but for me that's perfect. It was neon and bright and so so gorgeous<3 I also surprisingly loved Hoochie and I think I'd even wear it out sometime.. it's a very pinky purple so it's very wearable. After the purple wears off a bit, more of the pinkish undertones come out. Even after I wiped it off to go to bed, I still had a dark berry stain on my lips the next morning! I looked like I'd eaten a popsicle ;D I love these and I really want to try more sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite thing is that I can wear one on my lips and then the next day I have a nice stain and I don't have to wear anything! Yes Queen was pinker on me too but it really is lovely.

      Delete