Friday, March 23, 2012

Detrivore Cosmetics Swatches

Today I want to show you some swatches from Detrivore Cosmetics. I picked up 10 shadows when they were having a special: Buy 10 for $20. I picked up a toooooon of matte shadows. I have recently become very interested in matte eyeshadows, they are still new to me. I think I like them a lot better than ones that are very shimmery and/or frosty. The 10 shadows I bought were:


Creature- bright purple matte
Bone- white matte
Bog Body- bright teal matte
Porcelain- light brown matte
Tommyknocker- medium yellowish green matte 
Starlet- pink matte
BSoD- bright blue matte
Facade- peach matte
Decay- pastel green matte
Torment- medium brown matte



Top - Creature, Bone, Bog Body, Porcelain
Middle - Tommyknocker, Starlet, BSoD
Bottom - Facade, Decay, Torment

Top - Creature, Bone, Bog Body, Porcelain
Middle - Tommyknocker, Starlet, BSoD
Bottom - Facade, Decay, Torment


Creature

Bone

Bog Body

Porcelain

Tommyknocker

Starlet

BSoD

Facade

Decay

Torment


Swatches
over bare skin - no primer
Top - Facade, Torment, Porcelain, Bone, Starlet
Bottom - Tommyknocker, Decay, Bog Body, BSoD, Creature

I really love these shadows. They are rather easy to work with even though they are matte shadows. The colors are very vivd and opaque. If you use a light hand when applying you can make them less intense.

I would love to own every matte shadow in the collection!
What do you think of these  eyeshadows or mattes in general?

6 comments:

  1. ohhh i much prefer a matte shadow over a shimmer. They look great x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was always afraid of them because people always said they were patchy and horrible to work with. I guess I have gotten lucky because I don't really have too many problems. I love them!

      Delete
  2. Dayyyum, these are bright! Love em! I much prefer mattes lately even though they can be a little more difficult to blend. If you wanna work on your blending skills, using mattes will definitely challenge your abilities ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are definitely a good challenge to improve blending skills.

      Delete
  3. Hi Jess! Just wanted to let you know I tagged you to do the Get To Know Me Tag! :) http://glamourdolleyes.blogspot.com/2012/03/tag-get-to-know-me.html

    ReplyDelete