Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Quick Knitting Project - Not-So-Tiny Slippers by Ysolda Teague

A few days ago I acquired Ysolda Teague's Whimsical Little Knits 3. After flipping though it, I just HAD to make the slippers. I was scrolling through ravelry looking for a good pattern over the weekend; it was serendipitous.

Photo from ravelry page

I went out Monday to buy myself a skein of bulky weight yarn (Lion Brand Lion's Pride Woolspun in Peacock) because I didn't have any, and set on my way knitting Tuesday afternoon. I finished my first slipper before my dad got here to help paint. It must have taken me about three hours while cooking and watching Chinatown. Today I finished the right slipper just after lunchtime.

my ravelry page for the project

This was the first time I ever attempted short rows. I had no idea about w+t or picking up the wraps. After watching a video on youtube by VeryPink Knits I felt confident to attack. It didn't seem so hard, and guess what, it wasn't! I will totally keep this pattern in mind if I ever need a gift for someone. They are comfy and cute. I think a lot of people would love to have a pair of these to wander around their house in.




Everyday is an adventure.


1 comment: